Designer Radiator

Reaction score
Hi all
i have purchased a designer towel rail from towel-radiator.com/categories/RADIATOR-SALE/ and would like to know if its suitable with my bathroom as in heat wise, the heat output of the Radiator is 274 Watt - 932 BTU/h but would like to convert this to electric only, my question is: if i purchase 800watt thermostatic Electric element will that convert more heat output lets say 800x3.41= 2728BTU/h or is this element too much for this radiator

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
First you want to make sure the element will physically fit inside the towel rail. As far as gaining extra heat output goes elements tend to have safety features to prevent overheating (which is likely in a smaller rail) so the gain can be marginal. If the element doesn't shut itself off you can end up with a very hot rail that may scald anyone trying to hang a towel on it. I wouldn't recommend anything over a 300w element if the rail is rated at 274w when connected to CH.

Ask a Question