Damp in house. Need help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me and my partner are looking to decorate our front room but have found multiple types of damp and need to know what to do.

The first photograph is on a joining wall with our next door neighbour. There doesn’t seem to be a pipe running up the wall and the neighbours have a staircase on the other side so we are very confused as to where it’s come from. The darker patch isn’t spreading and a previous owner looks to have put damp proof paint or something on it. The area also has a few cracks that have been filled.

The second photo is just inside our door. From my guess it is that the door isn’t sealed correctly and allowing damp to come through. There was MDF under the floor mat also so there was nothing to let it breath. Will this need resealing?

The third photo is the wall that the door is on, to the street. The street is higher up outside than inside the house. There seems to be some damp or dark patches a few inches from the floor but none on the outer plaster. Should I worry about this? We only noticed it after taking off the skirting.

The final photo is the inner wall between the living room and the dining room. It Is the only place where we have noticed rising damp. Under the floor boards in the dining room there is about a foot of space under the floor boards with one air brick. The living room as about an inch with no air brick. Someone suggested that the living room was probably damp proofed though as no other walls are getting rising damp. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Ask a Question