Creda W1200 drum bearing replacement

Reaction score
Hello all,

I want to replace the bearings in my partners washing machine. I've done this a few times with the old configuration (metal drum back and detatchable back plate), however upon peering inside this one the drum is plastic and it appears to split from the front. Do I have to remove the whole drum assembly and split from the front or is there a way to do this in situ. I'm just trying to save my partner some money but wonder if I have set myself on with a nightmare task. Please help. :confused:

The washer is a Creda W1200.

regards, Paddy

Reaction score
the next thilling episode :eek:(

:(
Hello all,

I want to replace the bearings in my partners washing machine. I've done this a few times with the old configuration (metal drum back and detatchable back plate), however upon peering inside this one the drum is plastic and it appears to split from the front. Do I have to remove the whole drum assembly and split from the front or is there a way to do this in situ. I'm just trying to save my partner some money but wonder if I have set myself on with a nightmare task. Please help. :confused:

The washer is a Creda W1200.

regards, Paddy
I've managed to fathom out how to get the thing in bits. The only problem is I now can't get the shaft out of the bearings. I've hammered till my ears are ringing but it will not budge. Everything is off at the front. The nut, pully and belt are off the back but I cannot get the inner drum to come out. Please help!!

Ask a Question