Cooker Hood Control Unit WIring

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm hoping you can help me solve an idiotic problem. I needed to order a new "control unit" ( how they call it a control unit i dont know and justify the price..its a circuit board with a few switches. ) and unfortunately pillock that i am i errr..didnt note down where the wires went

Problem is...I can wire it up so it works...but even in zero position the b****y fan doesnt switch off

I have no iudea what is going on..the wierd thing is the connector to the mains only has 2 wires actually connecting..the brown LIVE and the blue NEUTRAL...but there is a red also that goes to the control unit? I'm assuming where i put this is the problem though am not sure...the lights connect with a red LIVE and a white NEUTRAL wire....

I have got pics below of the "control unit" and the wires... I just literally want to know what wire I put where! ( i know where the red and white from the light switch go. )

Any help very greatly appreciated!

it's a whirlpool unit but is badged Blauknecht DKEL 3790 ING

Many Thanks,

Buzz

Ask a Question