Condenser Fan Replacement Motor

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am replacing the fan motor in an old Carrier AC unit. The GE motor model is 5KCP39BGP612S. I cannot find a P612S, but I found a Y539S which seems to have identical specs.
Also, I cannot get the fan off the motor shaft so I would like to just replace that as well.

Question 1: Can I use the Y539S motor in place of the P612S?
Question 2: Can I run any fan blade with same shaft opening (1/2") and same outer diameter (18")?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would email the replacement motor supplier to ask this question to be on the safe side. On face value the replacement looks a straight swap. What's the problem removing the original fan? Good luck.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the input, Colin. After more research i decided to order that motor and fan. I am a little concerned about using the 4-blade fan... This will mean approx. double the air movement (a good thing) and therefore, double the load on the motor (a bad thing)? We'll see how she runs. The motor might not last long with the extra fan load. Haha
By the way, the old fan is seized onto the rusted motor shaft so bad that i couldn't get it off with the tools i have. Part of the problem is the flimsiness of the fan, making it difficult to apply much leverage without bending the thin sheet metal. Probably could machine or drill out the motor shaft, or use a press or air hammer to force it out. But I have none of these things in my garage yet, so I'm just gonna upgrade it to a new 4-blade and hope I don't smoke this Chinese replacement motor!

Last edited:

Ask a Question