Concreting floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Hope you’re well.

I’m looking for some direction with doing my kitchen floor. It was supposed to be done a few weeks ago but unfortunately the guy doing my floor has fallen unwell. I had another quote to do it at £700.. a lot more than originally & (typically) my boiler has just packed in so I’m having to fork out for a new one. I’m going to do it myself as time isn’t on my side, I’m 34 weeks pregnant and understandably I need the kitchen done before the baby’s arrival.

I need to fill the hole in the middle and on the left with concrete - the pipes on the left are still active, they’re water pipes, do I need to cover these with plastic first? Would concrete would you suggest that’s easy to work with?

Then I need to scree the entire floor.. would I be correct in assuming the wood (I don’t know what type of wood it is) flooring part needs to be primed? Would PVA bonding work? What scree would you suggest that’s easy to work with? Any tips on screeing the floor?

Clearly I’ve never done this before and my DIY knowledge is lacking but to be fair, I didn’t think I’d have to do this myself! Any and all tips to point me in the right direction are incredibly appreciated. The photo is from a few weeks ago but other than the plaster is now dry, it looks no different :).
IMG_7856.png

Ask a Question