Compost bin for my garden

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am writing to you with quite big problem..my compost bin got broken and I am on the edge..I have to buy another one so as I don't want to waste my money I decided that it will be better to ask there..What do you have for your compost? I have small garden; however, there are many vegetables so it equals quire a lot of waste. I found this compost bin: https://gardenseedsmarket.com/compost-bin-compogreen-380l-green.html ..It seems nice, it looks pretty and 380l - will it be enough?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use 4 old pallets and 4" fence posts.

When it rots so much it no longer works I get 4 more old pallets and more post (although they last longer), and start again, incorporating the rotten wood into the compost.

If you want to get fancy use 7 pallets to make 2 sections, one half to contain the old compost ready to use, with one pallet hinged to allow ease of access.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use 4 old pallets and 4" fence posts.

When it rots so much it no longer works I get 4 more old pallets and more post (although they last longer), and start again, incorporating the rotten wood into the compost.

If you want to get fancy use 7 pallets to make 2 sections, one half to contain the old compost ready to use, with one pallet hinged to allow ease of access.
On my plot I use used plastic stackable pallets. 10 make a 3 bay and I bought them at £8 each from assoc. pallets in Southampton. Do the job once.

Ask a Question