Combi boiler hot water problem

Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently moved into a flat with an Ariston Microgenus 27 boiler. The CH works fine, but the heating will only work when the water is flowing at full volume. This is fine in the bathroom taps, but to get sensible hot water in the kitchen (ie without the tap on so strongly that I soak myself!) or to get hot water in the shower at all, I have to run the bathroom tap at the same time. Obviously, this is a huge waste of water and also reduces the already pretty poor pressure in the shower.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this and if there is anything I can do to fix it without calling a plumber? (and bearing in mind that my knowledge of plumbing/DIY is close to zero).

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi all

... Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this and if there is anything I can do to fix it without calling a plumber? (and bearing in mind that my knowledge of plumbing/DIY is close to zero).
You do need a plumber, seriously.

Ask a Question