Cleaning a window

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Good Day,

On my front deck, I have plain clear glass panel railings (approx 3' x 3'), about 8-10 of them.

I tried cleaning them the other day with my window cleaning scrubber and squeegee. Presently, I use dish soap and water, and it's been ok until now. The windows have this semi-clear frost on them, looks like what I would call "hard water deposits", as they look similar to the inside of a glass shower stall.

Now, there is only rainwater ever on these windows, so I am too sure if it could be "hard water deposits", while they sure look similar.

Does anyone know what soap, bleach, or cleaner would be used to remove these dried water blemishes?

Regards,

Reaction score
Country
France
There is always a deposit of fat that settles or it can be limestone.

Concerning the deposit of grease, a wet cloth then a dry cloth allows to remove it (not perfect the first time, if it is done more regularly with a clean cloth each time it becomes very clean)

The ash works very well too.

For my part, I am satisfied with wet rags because it gets dirty so often that you can't wait for perfection, it's lost in advance

Ask a Question