Classic boiler problems

Reaction score
Hi I have a classic edge boiler 750 . Problem ..the water temp drops below operational water temp resulting in my backup propane boiler cutting n , this is its second year , worked good Last year ..sort of ...had to reprogram computer to cut in earlier & cut out higher . Because it would go out overnite This year it would not heat water enough toperate talked to dealer ..said heat exchanger plugged suggested I didn't Clean heat exchanger weekly by cycling the cleaning chain . I always did this at least twice a week . Anyway crawled in to the firebox ..as is is the only way to access heat exchanger ...remove access panels and sure enough plugged solid . Spent three days inside this thing chipping away to remove creasote ..much like the slag on a ark welder only harder to remove . Started up again sort of works ..now again if I don't leave bypass dorr handle up temp will drop or if I don't use small wood to keep it burning very hot . Temp drops ..Wood is seasoned pine / fir with a moisture content belo 20 percent . I have added more cabins to increase demand this year and had hoped this would alleviate the issues of going out . But it seems even when it is still going in the morning the temp is below 170 degrees . I dread having to remove access panel to clean heat exchanger again ..it's only been 2 weeks since I last did it . Oh dealer says they now have access panel that can be removed from back of boiler now on new ones . This thing is less then two years old and cost so far upwards of 20K . It hooks up to a 5000 sp ft house and 4 cabin plus two hot tubs it is a large unit but it also is heating a lot of space . And winter is cold &7 months long here in the interior of BC . They have no email support just a 800 number . Any body out there have anything like this ?

Ask a Question