Car paint polisher

Reaction score
Hi. A few years ago I bought a Lervia KH 368 mains polisher. Finally got around to using it yesterday. It wasn't expensive so I wasn't expecting much. The 10 inch polishing mopp fits with tight elastic around the edge. The pad fitted to the polisher is foam with what looks like a thin polished piece of white hard foam stuck to it. Trouble is when you switch it on the pad wizzes round in an eliptical motion but the polishing mopp doesn't stick to it. Can't really see how it can because the pad is so shiny. Sorry but that's the best I can describe it. I'll try to attach a couple of photos. I always thought these sort of pads were held on with Velcro. Thanks
1589298730981-311036987.jpg

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I couldn't agree with you more Doug. With a bit of grit or dust between the pad and paint and you've got a decent abrasive sander.

If my car is dirty I use bucket and sponge but if it's just dusty I like to use this this which I've used for years;

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
I sometimes use this on my car.

GrLightac7.jpg

It works fine, but you can't clean "cut lines" with it without water. So mostly I use a hose, and a bucket of hot water, car shampoo and a sponge. Then when it's dry, use it as just a polish.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I too used Showroom Shine for years Doghouse but then the shopping channel dropped it for the Williams which I now use.

Due to the virus lockdown our car is doing very little mileage indeed but it's getting very dirty with airborne dust; no sooner is it washed and gleaming than it's dirty again; it makes me wonder how much of this dirt I'm breathing in; here in Yorkshire dust is usually rare because once it starts to rain it doesn't know when to quit; this has been a rare long spell of dry weather so I'll put up with the dust.

Job Earnshaw's phoned me this morning to confirm the enquirey I placed online to them yesterday; the posts will be here tomorrow morning so it's excellent service. It's taken all day today to do what looks like a 30 minute job on YouTube to install a new threshold but the job's now done ready for Yorkshire to revert to its rain.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hi. A few years ago I bought a Lervia KH 368 mains polisher. Finally got around to using it yesterday. It wasn't expensive so I wasn't expecting much. The 10 inch polishing mopp fits with tight elastic around the edge. The pad fitted to the polisher is foam with what looks like a thin polished piece of white hard foam stuck to it. Trouble is when you switch it on the pad wizzes round in an eliptical motion but the polishing mopp doesn't stick to it. Can't really see how it can because the pad is so shiny. Sorry but that's the best I can describe it. I'll try to attach a couple of photos. I always thought these sort of pads were held on with Velcro. ThanksView attachment 2923
Hi - I have a similar polisher, the hard foam pad could use a softer sponge outer pad layer to grip the polishing mop. When my original outer pad deteriorated, I cut and glued a 3/8" thick sponge upholstery pad to the foam pad surface to hold the polishing mop in place.

Ask a Question