Bricking up a window small window

Reaction score
Hi,

I've a small 2ft by 3ft windows that I need to brick up in a kitchen for some extra wall space for cabinets. Can anyone give me any pointers or any gotchyas to look outfor? I was intending to tie in using wall ties, is this ok or should I been trying to tie the bricks in another way?

Thanks for any advice

Phil

Reaction score
Hi Phil,

I don't know what to suggest re bricking up the window, but I was wondering what you were planning to do re losing the natural light from the window? I'm guessing you have other glazing in your kitchen that you won't be bricking up, but if you want more light than this you might want to consider installing something like a sun tunnel, to bring more light in. It might not be in your budget, but they look great, and would really make a difference to the value of your kitchen.

All the best with the kitchen project! Hopefully someone on here knows the answer, as they are all clever people :)

Nadia

Reaction score
We had a small window bricked in in our old house. My father in law did it, he has a lot of building experience. As I recall he didn't tie it in, but it might be advisable to if you are going to hang weight off it.

Ask a Question