Brand new furnace problems

Reaction score
The same week as Christmas fell on e had a new furnace installed. our old thermostat was in the kitchen and the techs installed a new wireless thermostat,I was hoping it was going to help us by making it a smart thermostat but this wasn't the case. we have not had any complaints until fri. night, the furnace stopped working and the new thermostat said there wasn't a signal. we checked the fused switch that looked fine yet turned it on and off anyway,checked the breaker and flipped that on and off as well and my dad messed with the new thermostat. not sure what worked but the house began to warm up and all was well until about 40 minutes ago,the breaker was not flipped but by turning it on and off seemed to start the furnace again,here is where I need help,the old thermostat still is on the wall and tells us the temperature and we are unsure if its still wired ready to use??if it is still connected could this be causing it to shut off? not sure if the breaker is actually tripping because it doesn't flip to the off position nor is there a red line showing. if it is tripping the circuit breaker would having both thermostats hooked up cause the brkr to trip?

Reaction score
Don’t touch anything. Call the installer and have him find the problem. If anyone touches the system he can claim that is what caused the problem. He may also say that voids your warranty. Be sure to make a list of questions to ask when they come to service it. Follow him and learn as much about the system as you can.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question