bosch tumble dryer

Reaction score
I have a Bosch WTE6920GB/04 condenser/dryer. It is performing as norm except it isn't collecting water in the tank like it should.I have checked everything and all is OK,no blockages anywhere,filter is clear,condenser unit is clear. It is drying the clothes OK but the water is being released as steam and not reaching the water tank. When I manually put water in the chamber after the condenser,it pumps the water to the container as normal?! The machine is approx 8 years old and over the years I have had the usual problems with it,faulty pump,thermostat and element.I know my way around the dryer but this time it has got me stumped.Is it possible for the condenser unit to fail?! I can't really see how this might be possible but it is like something is stopping the water getting past the condenser. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi
You seem to have had your fair share of problems with an 8 yeay old machine.
Although I'm not familiar with your model. I would suspect the cool air fan is not working, it's all that operates the condenser by blowing air from the room over it.

Reaction score
Regretfully, as I'm not familiar with your drier model, that was the best suggestion I could make, based on others I've had dealings with in the past.

I'm a little surprised though that you are getting steam from it. I'm only guessing now, but I wonder if the warm air is escaping before reaching the condenser.

As I say, just a guess !

Reaction score
Thanks for that,I've stripped it down again and am really stumped with this. There is defo something happening before water gets to the condenser.Think I'm going to have someone look at it.

Ask a Question