Bosch PMF any good?

Reaction score
I'm considering getting the Bosch PMF, probably the li-ion version as it will save a lot of cabling issues when I'm using it outside. It looks like a helpful tool, but I've never used one before. I'm just an amateur DIYer, but I saw some good deals on these before Christmas... and thought I was getting one.... but Santa wasn't so kind.

Just need it for decorating a few rooms and re-doing some of the skirting boards, but if it saves time and gets a thumbs up then I'm all for it. Any thoughts?

-Dave

Reaction score
I'm considering getting the Bosch PMF, probably the li-ion version as it will save a lot of cabling issues when I'm using it outside. It looks like a helpful tool, but I've never used one before. I'm just an amateur DIYer, but I saw some good deals on these before Christmas... and thought I was getting one.... but Santa wasn't so kind.

Just need it for decorating a few rooms and re-doing some of the skirting boards, but if it saves time and gets a thumbs up then I'm all for it. Any thoughts?

-Dave
As it's one of there green range (handyman) can't really comment. There blue pro range though is definitely the business.

bosshogg:)

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums Dave!

I've got one of these at the moment and it's been a great buy - it feels sturdy and has saved me quite a bit of time with some jobs. I went for the li-ion version, as I only use it for short periods (namely cutting things in situ when I'm somewhere inconvenient, or sometimes using the sanding pad in conjunction with an orbital sander). No hesitation in giving it a thumbs up from me :).

Reaction score
Thank you both, I have ordered this from Amazon on your recommendations. I'll post back here once I have given it a good testing!

Reaction score
It arrived yesterday and I've had a chance to use it just to cut a few things in preparation for a job. What a good buy!

Thank you both for the advice, I can see the benefits of having this in my toolbox already.

Ask a Question