Boiler Housing

Reaction score
Hello , my first post and im asking for advise .

I currently have a boiler in my Boys bed room ( not ideal I know) but it is tested and is an external extractor , we also carbon mon oxide alarms as well. I need to put the boiler in a cupboard so my son whos 3 does not mess with it when he is put in a bed.

I have the dimensions it needs to be 600 D x 500 W x 1500 h max . Is there anything I need to consider ? I can get one built for 70 quid but was just thinking of getting a flat pack and taking the back off, securing it to the wall and popping a padlock on.

Diz.

Reaction score
I hope you consulted the manufacturer's instructions re venting required when putting a boiler in a compartment. For balanced flue and fanned flue it is a question of not overheating either the boiler or the compartment, and making sure you use the right materials.
For a conventionally flued boiler (ie with a chimney) you need also to provide combustion air too. Also CF boilers can no longer be installed in bathrooms or bedrooms.
Most manufacturers have a website on which you can download instructions.

Ask a Question