Blade replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ryobi table saw model RTS-1425 which I have had for 18 years it now needs blade replaced but for some reason this model has no throat plate for easy access to do this ,does anyone know a easy way to replace the blade as I no longer have instructions that came with it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this I have solved the problem of getting saw blade off.The bolt to take the saw of has no nut on it and to release the bolt it is anticlockwise if you look online most bolts are threaded the the other way.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which way the screw is threaded will depend on which side of the blade the motor is. The idea is that it should tighten as the saw runs, not work loose, as the blade wobbling or coming off is a bad thing :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
Which way the screw is threaded will depend on which side of the blade the motor is. The idea is that it should tighten as the saw runs, not work loose, as the blade wobbling or coming off is a bad thing :D
Thanks He who knows, and for those with a need to know a bench grinder with the shaft extending each side is a good example. Left side as viewed will have left hand threads. There is a simple way to determine L or R if the first starting thread is visible.

Reaction score
Yes
How often, especially doing bike repairs, do people, including me, put a lot of effort into tightening an already tight nut or spindle.
Also applies to propane gas cylinders.
I think as a general rule, flammable gas cylinders were LH thread, inert or oxidising were RH.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you ever rebuild a car which has wire wheels, take great care to not get the half-shafts mixed up, or you could have the excitement of being overtaken by one of your rear wheels, and wondering whether it or you will be the first to arrive at the scene of the accident...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Left and right automotive lug nuts were common on Chrysler products along with a few others until conical wheel nuts were adopted so the wheel did not loosen regardless the direction of the thread.

Ask a Question