Best way to round these corners?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just acquired this table, but I have little kids in the house. What's the best way to round these sharp corners without creating a big paint/rerouting job?
IMG_20200430_194939.jpg
IMG_20200430_194939.jpg

Reaction score
Use a belt sander to mold them, rather than an electric plane which will knock chips out of it.

It's how I shaped the corners of the top shelf of this bookcase I made from hardwood bull-nosed window sills.

P1000961.JPG

Reaction score
With little kids around, I'd probably use a router to round the actual corners, but you could use a power sander. Then I'd use the router to put a generous quarter round roll on the bottom edge as well. Wouldn't hurt to run your palm sander over all the top edges to make sure no splintering happens.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like Mike Mass said I'd use my router to get it close, (1/8th inch or so from my line), and finish the rest very carefully with a sander. Think about that odd edge though.I feel like it might end up looking funny. You might decide to just make a new top with a round profile all the way around it.

Ask a Question