best combi-boiler

Reaction score
OK, this may have already been discussed in this forum but as I'm new to it I thought I'd raise this issue - what's the latest, best combi-boiler you can install in a 2-bed house with (currently) 9 radiators. an electric shower, washing machine and dishwasher? One two of us in the house but I can have the shower, WM and DW all in use at the same time. Also, is it better to have thermostatically controlled valves on each radiator? My current ones have become stuck at times and render the radiator next to useless if stuck on a low setting!
Look forward to hearing from you . . .

Reaction score
Most combi boilers are really one (hot) tap at a time only although you usually do get a bit from a second tap. eg if a combi feed shower is running and some one turns on the kitchen tap it will affect the shower.
The boilers I like best are Worcester Bosch or Vaillant, both good with no problems getting spare parts and well known if they need repairing. but I am slowly beginning to prefer the Vaillant's at they are well built with less plastic parts inside.
I thing fitting Trv's in bedrooms at least is a must, just open them up in summer when the heating is turned off on the programmer to stop them sticking closed.
Pete

Reaction score
Vaillant are easier to maintain and much better engineered.
Boiler size governs the amount of hot water that can be delivered. The bigger the output then the greater is the flow of hot water.
I have Drayton TRV4 radiator valves and some have stuck. To unstick remove the valve head by unscrewing the chrome locking ring, then carefully remove the gunge around the brass pin, then with a hammer press down on the pin to free it.The pin should should move up and down a small amount.

Ask a Question