Best adhesive for cable tie to a metal pole

Reaction score
Hiya, can someone recommend the best type of adhesive to use on cables ties that are currently used to hold a poster on a lamp post.
I need to stop the poster and ties rotating around the post in the wind so would like to lash some glue on the cable ties, so outdoor water resistant ?

Thx.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would change the cable ties to ones that have a securing hole on them. Or, alternatively, use a cable tie screw mount. See picture/s. Drill in a self-tapping screw, fasten the cable tie or mount, then re-secure your poster.

1643989256631.png

Or, use these:
1643989350346.png

Reaction score
I would change the cable ties to ones that have a securing hole on them. Or, alternatively, use a cable tie screw mount. See picture/s. Drill in a self-tapping screw, fasten the cable tie or mount, then re-secure your poster.

View attachment 4542

Or, use these:
View attachment 4543
Very good suggestion thx..... But That would of course involve screwing into the lampost . Wouldn't that be dangerous with internal wires ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You could maybe just use a dot of superglue, or put a little piece of rubber (for grip) between the lamppost and cable tie and then tighten it as much as possible. I'd probably go for the latter as it would prevent movement much better and won't damage anything.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, it would involve that, yes. If the pole isn't owned by you, then I wouldn't do it. Hitting the internal wiring is a non-issue....we do it all the time, the wiring inside the pole just moves to the side of any screw coming through. Of course, you'd use a short screw, as is, 3/4".

Otherwise the rubber idea from Ian is great!

Ask a Question