Bernz O Matic torch from the 60's

Reaction score
It's the one in the blue box with all the different attachments. I have everything but the instructions. So this is to anyone who may hold on to the good old reliable tools. I have used this torch all my life and the other day it started sputtering. Dirt I'm sure. I took it apart and blew it out with air. So when I put it back together there is a small mushroom shaped piece that goes next to the valve or the nozzle, I'm not sure which and wonder if anyone can tell me.
IMG_1521.JPG

Reaction score
IMG_3336.JPG
IMG_3337.JPG
IMG_3338.JPG
IMG_3336.JPG
IMG_3337.JPG
IMG_3338.JPG
Hello fishbone,

Thought mine was the same as yours, Its not, but would I assume the mushroom thing is your orifice. I think it goes between the valve and the tube. If not there it would have to go on the top end of the tube.

Reaction score
Ok scratch my previous post, I did find that I had 2 more tips for my torch and the mushroom piece was in my box with the tips. It will not fit between the valve and the tube. It goes between the tube and the tip with the mushroom piece inserted into the tube. With the mushroom piece missing
IMG_3339.JPG
the propane will burn at the tip and at the joint between the tip and the tube.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question