Bend in garden hose.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You know in a garden reel where the hose comes out of the reel twists and connects to the centre supply part? My hose is kinking too much. Any ideas how to prevent the hose kinking? Thanks.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, domestic hoses are no longer made of rubber. It's impossible to stop most modern hoses from kinking.
I have two Hozlock hose reels with ribbed hoses and they still kink. They're easier to un-kink if the water is on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You know in a garden reel where the hose comes out of the reel twists and connects to the centre supply part? My hose is kinking too much. Any ideas how to prevent the hose kinking? Thanks.
Sorry, but the better the quality of the hose the fewer the kinks you get. You will improve things if you remove the bulk of your hose from you reel this will then assist you to get rid of most of the kinks!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a 10mm 25cm spring from Amazon and pushed this into the end of the hose which connects to the internal water supply connector in the reel. This prevented any kink in the tight area there and all was fine with full flow.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Do you use a hose reel?
If you wrap up on a hose reel it can take the kinks out.
Good way of storing it.

Reaction score
I've two of these Hoselock reels. This one on the side of the shed for this garden.
P1000604.JPG

Another on the corner of the back of the house for the front garden and washing my car.
I need the full length to reach plants on the step in front of the French windows. The hose has a rib on both sides to prevent kinking , but it's not much use.
So I unroll it a bit pulling it towards the back of the garden and water the back end. Then I completely unroll it and spread it out and remove any kinks. Then I work my way down the garden pulling it behind me, so it rarely kinks.
It doesn't kink when I'm winding it back!

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Sorry to hear about all the hose kinks.

But, your garden looks INCREDIBLE. Nice work.
:)

Ask a Question