Bay window internal trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Complete DIY novice here. We've just moved into our 1st home. Its an old 1920s semi and has a bay window. It's in quite a mess as you will see from the photos. The bottom of the joints was completely filled with silicon, very messy so I dug it all out and as you can see there are trapezoidish gaps between each frame. One looks broken at the base. I have no idea what these should look like or what they should be filled with? I can't find any photos of similar windows with this shaped grove between each window. Any advice on how to tidy it up and what to fill it with? All the frames I can see there isn't this shaped gap between the windows?

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like a cheap window job with no attention to detail. Just start looking for upvc plus terms like cloaking trim, cloaking strip, fillet, profiles, chamfer, ... , and see if you can find anything that will fit in there. Try asking some of the big makers (e.g. Eurocell) - they might be able to tell you what to look for if they don't offer anything.

Ask a Question