Bath leaks

Reaction score
Hi - I'm new to the forum and looking for some help.

I just recently moved into my new house. I had to left the carpet in the bathroom to dark staining (now dried and not related to this query). I also had to remove the front bath panel. I saw underneath the bath there were some small damp patches - some dried some still wet. I have located them (I think!) to two areas:

1) the bath overflow pipe - e.g. if the bath is a wee bit too full it goes out of a gap on the metal handle you use to open and close the plughole. I've tried tightening all the pipes just with my hands.

2)it is a whirlpool/jet bath and also has a shower over it. the button you press for the air jets is located at the shower end of the bath and seems to be letting water in and right through and then drips under the bath. any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. :)

djramsay

Reaction score
Hi
It sounds like both these items are not correctly fitted to the bath, and will need to be removed, their seals checked and replaced, or possibly resealed with a silicon type sealer.
There's not much I can add without more info. perhaps you could post a photo or two.

Reaction score
Hi John
Thanks for your reply. I will try and post some photos but to add more info it seems like the button for the air jet on the side of the bath doesn't return back up to original position when pushed therefore letting more water drain in when the shower is on. I.e. once pressed doesn't depress. (As a temp measure I put a sponge on it whilst showering but would like to fix it).

Cheers

Ask a Question