Bamboo canes in the Bathroom..?

Reaction score
I've been searching for a relatively inexpensive/quirky way of decorating my small & awkwardly shaped bathroom for a while now.
A friend recently suggested Bamboo canes (would something like these be OK?) & I instantly loved the idea.

I'm not sure how viable (or not) it would be, especially considering the walls are currently covered in a horrible lime green textured paint.
Could I realistically attempt something like this & expect reasonable results.. & if so what would be the best way of fixing them to the walls & protecting them from the moisture/steam etc?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Now, that' seriously quirky miseryguts and why not !
As you can guess, I've no experience of doing this, but what comes to mind is to use an adhesive like solvent free No More Nails, or similar. Using quite a bit, so that there are no voids behind that could trap moisture, and possibly finish with an acrylic varnish.

One downside being, that if it didn't come up to expectations, it would be a hell of a job to remove.

This must be a try it and see project. Try a small area on some old board or something first.
I'd be interested in the results. The very best of luck with it.

Ask a Question