aunier duval - thelia 23 new PCB? or pulling a fast one?

Reaction score
Hi there, one morning last week my boiler had a pilot light but when hot water was called the flame would not increase in size and no hot water as a result. i turned it off and i dont think it will now light, the started button is tough and no clicking sound like it used too.

Now i know no one will be able to diagnose this but had a repairman out and he said

" no voltage to pump or zig spark gen" = new PCB
"no resitale (bad writing might be the wrong word) on resistor (fan), requires replacing"

"new PCB and zig spark gen = £270 +VAT

cannot guarentee boiler will work until these are replaced.

Now last time it went wrong they tried to charge for a new PCB when all that needed was the fan to be cleaned. seem they all try and replace the PCB. is that an alright price for this work?

Does it sound like a faulty PCB? cani ask him to jsut try the spark generator first and see if it works while i watch? was gonna get someone lese out but another £80 just to be told the same thing seems a waste.

am i being too dubious about this gas guy and should i trust him more? loads of quesiotns which you may not be able to help but any ideas welcome.

thanks in advance

Welsh (south London)

Ask a Question