Ariston Boiler and Nest 3rd Gen installation

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am installing 3rd gen Nest in my place and I need some confirmation from you smart fella.
I have an Ariston boiler and a Honeywell thermostat.

My understanding is that the boiler is connected to the thermostat with a low voltage connection ( I checked with the tester and was 12V ). This should point me in the direction of the low voltage setup for my Nest.
I will so do:
- Connect the two wires coming from the thermostat directly to the Nest Heat Link ( http://www.plumbcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Nest-Thermostat-Installation-Guide-UK.pdf page 35 ) connecting them to terminals 2 and 3.
I then bring power to the Heat Link on N and L with a standard 220V connection. I will then leave the Nest thermostat alone charging him with the USB cable.
My understanding is that 1) I need to power the heat link with an high voltage line 2) The heat link will close the circuit turning on the boiler by the wires that are now connected on the actual thermostat and that I will be wiring on 2 and 3.

Will this work?

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question