Aprilaire 60 humidistat reads 99% humidity.

Reaction score
Hey all. I am trying to get to the bottom of the dry air problem in our home. Our hygrometer reads about 30%, but our digital Aprilaire 60 is reading much higher and isn't turning on the humidifier. We are suffering because of it. It worked great the last several years, but this season it's been bad. If I turn the knob to test, the humidifier comes on and gets plenty of water. I ordered another same model humidistat, but I'd like to try and fix the one I have because they're about $100 a piece. Is there a way to clean or recalibrate these? I am a journeyman maintenance technician by trade, and would like to get this figured out. Has anyone else had problems like this?

Reaction score
Well, I took the Aprilaire 60 humidistat off of the cold air return and cleaned the sensor with denatured alcohol, blew it off with compressed air, and reinstalled it and it went from 99% to 88% last night, (still won't come on on it's own) and this morning it is once again back to 97%. I am thinking once I get the new one, I could un-solder the sensor and install a new one if I can find one the same model to install. Does anyone have a part number for it?

Reaction score
The new humidistat came and I installed it. This one works flawlessly and I can actually read what the settings are clearly. I am thinking the original one was bad from day one because I could never clearly see what the display said. The dual seven segment display was really difficult to read unless I looked at it from an angle. I am very happy. I don't think I'll try and repair the old unit, maybe just keep it around for parts.

Ask a Question