Any interest in auto / machinery forum?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm happy to add this forum section if it's going to be used my a few members here :). If it's a popular idea, I'll get it added.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good idea Doug. That's you; Ian and me for starters. :)

I've restored lots of old machinery but not agricultural or vehicles which might be of interest.

I've not spent much time on here due to my recent interest in TIG welding but with a new section added like this welding of all kinds are relevant.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Thanks Colin. To me it seems that machinery is a natural extension of the DIY phenomenon. I have seen your prowess with all things mechanical and with my penchant for tinkering with “junque” we should be able to have some fun.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Doug. Yes I'm sure Doghouse will make four of us for starters and hopefully many more. :) Where is Doghouse by the way? o_O

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I am in and forums of all types have went down hill. I figure most is due to face book groups, No not me.
Instagram and twitter where people get instant gradication.

My latest project.
Commercial grade walk behind Bunton. Company was bought by BobCat as I under stand now.
It has a 44 or 48 inch deck, 14hp manual start Kohler engine and the reason it is now mine.
I have had to work on it before to get it to start the former owner is a run them dry guy with nothing in the fuel. In every case I have had to remove the float bowl and free up the valve and seat which had the float stuck.

I finally got him to use stabuil in it, but of course if a little (per the bottle label.) is good more is better. Then you incounter a sand like substance that clogs up the filter and valve in seat.

He only used it a couple times a year since 2006 to mow paths along side the rented out field and thru the woods where he can't get his compact Ford and brush hog.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I plan on useing it to mow along out new fence line. We finally got the last post set in place yesterday in the morning.

Also will mow the paths thru the field the pups and i walk.

:D Al

Reaction score
Well I am in and forums of all types have went down hill. I figure most is due to face book groups, No not me.
Instagram and twitter where people get instant gradication.

My latest project.
Commercial grade walk behind Bunton. Company was bought by BobCat as I under stand now.
It has a 44 or 48 inch deck, 14hp manual start Kohler engine and the reason it is now mine.
I have had to work on it before to get it to start the former owner is a run them dry guy with nothing in the fuel. In every case I have had to remove the float bowl and free up the valve and seat which had the float stuck.

I finally got him to use stabuil in it, but of course if a little (per the bottle label.) is good more is better. Then you incounter a sand like substance that clogs up the filter and valve in seat.

He only used it a couple times a year since 2006 to mow paths along side the rented out field and thru the woods where he can't get his compact Ford and brush hog.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I plan on useing it to mow along out new fence line. We finally got the last post set in place yesterday in the morning.

Also will mow the paths thru the field the pups and i walk.

Until someone has seen one of those type of mowers in action they have no idea how great they are. Once a person gets proficient on one they can run circles around a zero turn mower.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That Bunton may be a great mower but it will noty run circles around My Zero turn. My zero turn does 9 MPH, and the Bunton won't do that at all No way.

1567991135024.png

It does A nice job keepiong the grass short on my walking paths, and i don't mine chopping down some small trees that are trying to grow in the paths.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got the new section up and running :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Ian; the new section will be handy to play in for winter. :D

I think Doug should be the one to christen it. ;)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question