ants

Reaction score
I bought a beautiful fabric covered nativity set a year ago. When I put it out for display, I noticed small black ants crawling around the set. Before long, ants were all over my house. This year when I unpacked the set, (it was tightly packed in a box in the attic), ants were crawling around in it again and now I have the same problem. This is winter time and I can't believe that I have an ant problem. What could be causing this, could it be the fabric that they are attracted to? I have set out those ant feeders that are filled with something that make them die after they eat it, but there are so many of them. What should I do? I hate to get rid of this beautiful set. I called Sam's Club and they said that no one else reported anything like this. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I like this non toxic mint spray. It kills ants for many weeks and smells nice. (and you don't have to worry about breathing in poison as it's pure mint) It's a yellow can and I got it from my local hardware store in San Franciso. Ants are unpredictable.

Reaction score
Hi,
Do you have a brand for this mint spray, I have the same problem and it is driving me nuts.
Thank you

Reaction score
I've tried something before. It was a long time ago. it was something like chalk for blackboard and you I was "writing" with it at the ants paths. It worked great.

Reaction score
Ants would drive me crazy! I have to admit that if it was me, i'd just chuck it... Do ants generally spread or just stay in the one area they 'like'?

Reaction score
Ants are highly adverse to the smell of peppermint essenital oil (possibly used in the mint spray presiously mentioned) a solution of 10-15 drops in half a litre of water sprayed on the set could deter the ants. Though this would leave your nativity set smelling quite minty (could be a bonus).

Reaction score
As many have already mentioned, I think your best option is to get mint spray! And lots of it- ants are the worst!

Reaction score
Just try to avoid eating on the furniture that has your fabric. Pieces of falling food can attract ants.

Reaction score
We had an ant problem too. Fortunately it was in the summer time and it was outside, so we were able to treat the problem. We had ant hills and ants all over our new property. We ended up spraying for them with a local ant spray from Home Depot. A couple sprays and we were in good shape, until it rained! Then we had to spray again. Maybe you could find a spray that is safe to use inside.

Reaction score
I think that borax powder could help to get rid of te ants. Bethany22 is right - don't keep this fabric decoration close to your dining table.

Ask a Question