Amplifier to DC Motor Speed Controller

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,
I have a pair of old speakers with a 12V power supply. They're meant to be used with a PC. Since they have 12V / 1A power supply input and a volume control, I was thinking maybe it would be possible to re-purpose the board as a speed controller. Anyone have any ideas on the matter? :) Thanks in advance! Nir

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am no electronics tech, but it is DC....so I'd try it. DC motors are easy to modulate; voltage UP = speed UP, voltage DWN = speed DWN.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I am no electronics tech, but it is DC....so I'd try it. DC motors are easy to modulate; voltage UP = speed UP, voltage DWN = speed DWN.
I guess I'll try it. I wasn't sure about the output voltage/amps of the amplified and I didn't want to ruin the speakers for no good reason, but I guess they're going to the dumpster anyway. Thanks :)

Reaction score
Yes very possible. 12v dc is safe to play, Get some bread board and play around with it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a pair of old speakers with a 12V power supply. They're meant to be used with a PC. Since they have 12V / 1A power supply input and a volume control, I was thinking maybe it would be possible to re-purpose the board as a speed controller. Anyone have any ideas on the matter? :) Thanks in advance! Nir
The output to a load speaker is going to be sine wave and will be modulated by the analog input . The waveform will be positive and negative centred around zero. If this is used to drive a dc motor it will oscillate

Ask a Question