Air Blowing out of outlets

Reaction score
Hello: I have a 93% efficient furnace that when it runs air comes out of my plugs in the walls and out of lite fixtures as I found out when I went to replace one lite in a bedroom. My house is 1000sq' 1 1/2 story and the kitchen has been remodeled 2 years ago, I have R19 insulation on the whole outside along with house wrap and new siding with R 3.8. We insulated the crawl space with R19 and house wrap, We put R19 in the ceiling of the kitchen and I had R40 blown into the attic area. The house is very cold especially when it gets windy. Why does air come out and why is this house so cold. I contacted the company that put the Central unit in and they do not know what is causing this. HELP !!

Reaction score
When your furnace runs it consumes air, lots of air is used in the combustion. This air has to be replaced somehow otherwise you would be living in a vacuum. You might want to look into getting a pipe to draw air from the outside to supply your furnace with the air it needs to run.

Ask a Question