1950s light fixture replacement

Reaction score
I don't know how familiar people here might be with old light fixtures, but we could really use some help.

We own a rental property dating back to the 1950s, and while we've done a lot of work on the house, we've tried to keep the 1950s theme going with the existing tilework and light fixtures. Unfortunately, our tenant just moved out of the house, and we discovered that they stole the unique light fixture out of the main bathroom. We have hunted high and low on the internet trying to find an exact replacement, firstly because we want to restore the bathroom to its former look, and also because the wall tile was cut specifically to this light.

If anyone recognizes the light insofar as being able to at least give us a name for the manufacturer, or where we might possibly be able to find a replacement, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Note - the third picture is what they left is with! You can see how the tile was cut to suit the original light.

Attachments

Reaction score
That LOOKS like a porcelain lamp and it's in an art deco design. The closest I've found is this on ebay. If you search for;
"Vintage Porcelain Bathroom Wall Sconce Light Fixture w/ Milk Glass Shade"

it should find it. Someone, somewhere will have one exactly like the one you've lost. I'd ask any older neighbours if they've kept theirs and try and get a manufacturer or keep looking on ebay!

1638468163135.png

Reaction score
That LOOKS like a porcelain lamp and it's in an art deco design. The closest I've found is this on ebay. If you search for;
"Vintage Porcelain Bathroom Wall Sconce Light Fixture w/ Milk Glass Shade"

it should find it. Someone, somewhere will have one exactly like the one you've lost. I'd ask any older neighbours if they've kept theirs and try and get a manufacturer or keep looking on ebay!

View attachment 4387
I actually asked a neighbor with a near identical house if she had the same fixture, and when she said 'yes', I asked for a time when she'd be out of the home so i could break in and steal it. She took the joke well - I think! :)

Ask a Question