Broken horizontal venetian blind vane

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi. The ends of a few venetian blind vanes have broken off. Is there a joiner product or something similar. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be amazed if you could repair broken slats.

You might be able to replace the broken slats, or find a repairer to do it for you. (I'd not be surprised though if the latter didn't make economic sense).

But....

Are the slats plastic? If so they may have been embrittled by UV radiation, and the old ones all become prone to breaking.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks for the reply. The slats are similar to that of a tape measure blade. I thought there might be some method of joining the two pieces together.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No chance of a butt joint working, and layering something over the joint would look pants and could well stop the slats nestling together when the blind is up or rotating when it's down.

Seek out a blind expert for confirmation, but I'm sure it's new slats or new blind time...

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks again for the reply. I think you may be right about new slats or blind time.

Ask a Question