What type of screw is this?

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help identify what type of screw this is

and what screwdriver I need for this, it doesn't seem to be a common thing in the Netherlands and my internet searches haven't been successful so far,
if more information is needed please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Thank you Ian, I'll see if I can order a set from a Dutch vendor somehow. I'll post an update in due time.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
After doing some searching with the names you provided I found this "hack"
and it worked.
However I was hoping to replace the camera mounting plate from the macro slider in the first image with the one in the second image because the latter also allows for vertical camera position when used with an L-bracket. I bought the first one years ago and it's a solid build, the knobs rotate smooth with a nice resistance, the second one is less than half in price and is less smooth. I have a work around for the first slider but it's a bit of a pita.

Long story short, I was able to remove the screws from the second slider but the ones on the first are sealed with an adhesive and I broke off one of the screw heads so that's not going to work unfortunately.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's a shame :(. You can buy screw extractors that may be able to remove the screw with the broken head, but I've had mixed results with them.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'm going to leave it as it is, it won't fall apart so it's just aesthetics. Obviously I was hoping to combine the best from both sliders but I'm going to use both and see what annoys me less, the work around or the less smooth mechanics ;)

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow I must admit, been an auto mechanic since the late 80s and have since retired. I have never seen drivers like that before.

Reaction score
This is strange. I have seen those screws before. The last time was in a public restroom. I think it’s to keep weirdos from disassembling the stalls. I guess you can use them anywhere.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a snake eye or pig nose screw. It is usually placed on restroom stalls, schools, cars, boats, elevators, license Plates

Ask a Question