What is UL Air Duct Material Class 1 (Form A) Issue 4690?

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this round air duct material is composed of? It has been installed in parts of my furnace and AC system of my 1974 built home.
Years ago, some of it crushed in the attic and was replaced with sheet metal ducting. It appeared to be made of a cardboard composition. Might it contain asbestos??
Attached is a photo.

Thanks!

fga1939
Air Duct Material Label.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know what this round air duct material is composed of? It has been installed in parts of my furnace and AC system of my 1974 built home.
Years ago, some of it crushed in the attic and was replaced with sheet metal ducting. It appeared to be made of a cardboard composition. Might it contain asbestos??
Attached is a photo.

Thanks!

fga1939View attachment 1206
Did you ever find out about this? Our home was built in 1975 and I seem to have the exact same material in my attic. The HOA and an original owner said they don't think it's asbestos, but an HVAC contractor I had in said he thinks it is.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello BillKSC,
I posted my message in Nov. 2018. Yours is the only response I have had on the duct material. I forgot about my question until your message came through. I will try again to determine what it is and let you know. Gene

Ask a Question