Price Pfeister single handle bath valve 947-042

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Drains' started by hitechseeker, Feb 9, 2019.

  1. hitechseeker


    Jul 17, 2014
    Likes Received:
    I have two Price Pfeister bath/shower valves that have a round acrylic knob for turning On and OFF. However, we have some new tenants who have a small child that cannot turn the round handle. I have replaced the valves about 3 years ago. I was thinking of installing a "cross handle" or a lever type if knob to help with this. However, I am not sure if I can just buy the handle or if I have to replace all of the trim.

    Am I trying to solve the problem correctly, and does someone have a recommendation for my problem?
    hitechseeker, Feb 9, 2019
    1. Advertisements

  2. hitechseeker


    Jul 4, 2018
    Likes Received:
    Take the existing handle off and determine the type of fitting needed. They often look like a square cut gear. They could be star shaped, square or so forth. Take a picture, and measure it. There are a zillion replacement parts, but with that picture and those dimensions the plumbing suppliers can cross you over to something that works.
    Dirtmechanic, Feb 21, 2019 at 11:30 AM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.