Price Pfeister single handle bath valve 947-042

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have two Price Pfeister bath/shower valves that have a round acrylic knob for turning On and OFF. However, we have some new tenants who have a small child that cannot turn the round handle. I have replaced the valves about 3 years ago. I was thinking of installing a "cross handle" or a lever type if knob to help with this. However, I am not sure if I can just buy the handle or if I have to replace all of the trim.

Am I trying to solve the problem correctly, and does someone have a recommendation for my problem?

Reaction score
I have two Price Pfeister bath/shower valves that have a round acrylic knob for turning On and OFF. However, we have some new tenants who have a small child that cannot turn the round handle. I have replaced the valves about 3 years ago. I was thinking of installing a "cross handle" or a lever type if knob to help with this. However, I am not sure if I can just buy the handle or if I have to replace all of the trim.

Am I trying to solve the problem correctly, and does someone have a recommendation for my problem?
Take the existing handle off and determine the type of fitting needed. They often look like a square cut gear. They could be star shaped, square or so forth. Take a picture, and measure it. There are a zillion replacement parts, but with that picture and those dimensions the plumbing suppliers can cross you over to something that works.

Ask a Question