< or > 90% efficiency oil furnace?

Discussion in 'Central Heating' started by paulmars, Feb 21, 2018.

1. paulmars

paulmars

I just bought a new thermostat for my central oil HVAC unit. Honeywell TH4110D. I can set it for oil heater <90% efficiency or >90% efficiency. I'm not sure which to set it at. I am hoping that my unit is not exactly 90%, cuz then I'm screwed. Bryant model 58cma105-12 installed in year 2001. Bryant wont help me. they insist that i pay a service tech to come here and tell me. That ain't happening.

Also, compressor cycle rate setting 3 is recommended for most compressors. I hope that is what I have.

Your thoughts?

tks,
    pa

paulmars, Feb 21, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. paulmars

WalterHanson

It should be <90% efficiency

Most current models do not exceed 86%

WalterHanson, Jun 6, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. paulmars

WalterHanson

What do you know about Furnace Gas?

All new gas furnaces available today are high-efficiency, with an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating of 90% to 98%.

A gas forced-air heating system goes into action when the thermostat tells it that the room temperature has dropped below a preset comfort level. The thermostat sends a low-voltage electrical signal to a relay in the furnace, which signals a valve to open and deliver natural gas to the burners and for the blower to turn on.

WalterHanson, Jun 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question