Make your own table saw edge jointing jig

• Thread starter DIYTheArtofWood
  • Start date
D

DIYTheArtofWood

Hello everyone. Prior to making this video my jointer broke down on me, so I had to build a quick edge jointing jig so I could finish the project I was working on. Turns out it’s pretty handy to use, in some ways I like it better than using my jointer. Check it out and let me know if you end up building one yourself.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My sort of guy. :) Welcome to the forum and what a brilliant entrance; thanks for sharing. Top marks for having the riving knife in place on your saw bench; I see so many saw benches especially in the states where the riving knife is missing.

Good point too about using the manufacturers cut edge as the best/reference edge; I've often used this edge to mark other boards ensuring a true right angle.

Nice well put together video; impressive stuff.

Kind regards, Colin.

D

DIYTheArtofWood

Thanks Colin. I’m glad you enjoyed it and I do take safety seriously in the shop. I always have the riving knife in place.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Colin. I’m glad you enjoyed it and I do take safety seriously in the shop. I always have the riving knife in place.
Well said; safety is paramount and it's good to see someone else take it seriously; it will soon be the A&E season here in the UK once springtime arrives and novices head to the stores to buy chainsaws etc.

I'd like to see many more join this forum both as novices and skilled sharing their questions and answers; we all start at the bottom and where better to ask for the very basic information which once learnt is taken for granted; much better to ask even if the question appears silly than to take risks ending in injury or damage. Anyone can buy an electric drill but how many then find loose sleeves enjoy wrapping around the chuck or its accessories? I still make lots of silly mistakes and can even make the same mistake a number of times but fortunately I was taught 55 years ago that to poke a moving machine with a finger is to lose the finger; common sense will always beat having a power tool or machine covered in safety stickers.

Play safe.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question