Looking for ideas for a rustic remodeling project?

Discussion in 'General DIY and Home Improvement' started by DIYTheArtofWood, Jan 3, 2019.

1. DIYTheArtofWood

DIYTheArtofWood

Hello everyone. I put together this slideshow of a living room remodel I completed in my house. If you’re looking for ideas for a rustic looking remodel in your house that’s a bit unique, maybe you’ll pick up a few ideas from my project. I didn’t do an in depth “how to” narrative on this, left it more as an inspirational idea video, but if you have any questions on the materials or methods I used, send me a message. I’m in the middle of another remodel project right now, and I’ll be posting more in depth “how to videos” of that project. Enjoy.

DIYTheArtofWood, Jan 3, 2019
    Retired likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. DIYTheArtofWood

Retired

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. The room you created looks a lot more homely than the blank canvass you started off with. A nice transformation and I bet it didn't cost a great deal monetary wise. Well done. :)

I much prefer the look of your newly created room to what is now fashionable being dazzling white everywhere with masses of glass which must be like living in a goldfish bowl; I like lots of wood because it gives warmth and friendliness unlike the all white which is more like an hospital.

Woodworking is so rewarding; here's our kitchen mostly made of offcuts of Meranti and plywood stained jacobean dark oak; we like wooden beams so I added some.

Kind regards, Colin.

Kitchen_002.JPG
    The upper gallery with turned spindles stops short due to me making and installing the new meranti doors; previously we had plain white sliding doors to the ceiling.

Kitchen_003.JPG
    Fully fitted hardwood kitchen costing little in money being made mostly of offcuts which I machined the work spanning 25 years; a bit of patience and a lovely understanding wife helped a great deal.

Kitchen_004..JPG

The picture doesn't do the paneling justice; it is actually richer and darker; still work in progress.

Retired, Jan 5, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. DIYTheArtofWood

DIYTheArtofWood

That’s some impressive woodworking. I’m not a fan of the modern bright white look either. That space I created is very calm and relaxing. I’m in the middle of remodeling the family room right now. Similar kind of vide but unique to itself. I have a playlist started chronicaling the transformation on my YouTube channel
    If you want to follow along here’s the playlist. When it’s all done I’ll post a thread with the finished project video.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDBID_-aJinGhn5vGjIi-YUiDDxglxleC

DIYTheArtofWood, Jan 9, 2019
    Retired likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question