Log Cabin TV Mount

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've built a man cave bar/pub and want to mount a TV on the wall, it's a 43". I've got a universal bracket for it but am conscious that the walls are still "active" and need to settle, or whatever it's called.

I've read conflicting reports that it's fine, some say don't do it at all and some say put a piece of wood, a kind of spacer in first while making sure the bottom scree is not fully secure so the wall can still move ...which lead me to question if that would be secure enough to hold the TV, I think it's net weight is only like 7kg

Anyone done something like this? I've had a nightmare with man caves as the last one was a "high quality" shed and it was anything but so want everything to be perfect this time

Walls are 44mm thick so would need additional screws as the ones divided with bracket are too big

Also there are just 2 screws on the mount, they fit on one log, would this be enough?

Thanks in advance - pics attached

Attachments

Ask a Question