Leviton vs. Lutron? Please help me.

Reaction score
Hello. I can do simple DIY things around my house and I am no expert other than to know to turn off the power at my main circuit breaker board and to carefully take the wires off of an old light switch and put them on the corresponding terminals on a new light switch after taking a close up photo of the original wiring with my iPhone just in case I do something wrong. My next DIY project is to replace my old (30 years) wall light switches - the kind with the small up/down toggle to the more modern large rocker style such as the Leviton Decora or the Lutron Claro or similar models. In looking around I am seeing that the two biggest sellers seem or be the Leviton brand and the Lutron brand. To my eye they seem to be pretty much identical but I would like to ask this good group as to whether one is actually better than the other in terms of quality and reliability. Or are they a toss up and one is no better or worse than the other and it is only personal preference or which ever one is available at the best price from the most convenient store? Or are they actually the same switches made in the same factories but just with different branding on the packaging for marketing them? Thanks for any thoughts you may have!

Ask a Question