Homemade Popsicle Stick House!

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Building a popsicle house is a fun and simple way to pass the time.
You could build your masterpiece a million different ways, but we've looked into it and have found that the very best one is to start by building four squares with sticks glued to them for the walls.
Once that's done, you can build your roof by creating two triangles with sticks glued to them, just like slats. Then comes the best part - decorate to your heart's content!
Materials for this house:
- popsicle stick
- hot glue
- frame wood
- deco trees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for adding the interesting video hdvcrafts. :)

What a great way to pass a wet miserable day and much better than sitting in front of the TV watching rubbish. Popsicle sticks (lollipop sticks) are very cheap so a nice hobby that won't bankrupt anyone. I bought a pack of 500 of these sticks through eBay only costing around £7 including delivery. I use them for mixing and spreading adhesive; they are perfect for adding glue to biscuit jointer slots.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey hdvcrafts!

Awesome video! I've built a few popsicle houses over the years and it's always been such a fun and laid-back project!

Here is a picture or of the last one I built (some 8 years ago now). It is a "cat condo" if you will. As I built it when I got my cat as a kitten and it has been her 'home' of sorts.

Here's a couple of pictures I just snapped (Not the greatest, sorry!!) of it. it's a few years old and has seen some wear and tear but still sturdy! Hope you enjoy! :)

20190610_222022.jpg
20190610_222031.jpg
20190610_222043.jpg
20190610_222051.jpg
20190610_222103.jpg
20190610_222120.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Very interesting JeremyB; thanks for sharing. I bet it didn't take long for your kitten to be sitting on the roof? Bron and I are cat lovers; we no longer have a cat of our own but we still spend around £20 per week on cat biscuits and bird nuts. We decided enough was enough after spending a lot of money on our cats the last one we had the vet told us it would cost up to £1,000 just for scans when in fact the kindest thing to do was to have our pet put to sleep.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey hdvcrafts!

Awesome video! I've built a few popsicle houses over the years and it's always been such a fun and laid-back project!

Here is a picture or of the last one I built (some 8 years ago now). It is a "cat condo" if you will. As I built it when I got my cat as a kitten and it has been her 'home' of sorts.

Here's a couple of pictures I just snapped (Not the greatest, sorry!!) of it. it's a few years old and has seen some wear and tear but still sturdy! Hope you enjoy! :)

View attachment 2067View attachment 2068View attachment 2069View attachment 2070View attachment 2071View attachment 2072
This is really good idea! I might build like this one for my furbabies.

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Hey hdvcrafts!

View attachment 2067View attachment 2068View attachment 2069View attachment 2070View attachment 2071View attachment 2072
Nice house! good idea for the cat! love it

Ask a Question