Help with shop skirt board

Reaction score
Country
United States
I built myself a shop and didn't bring the siding down over the subfloor. Siding is T-111. It terminates at the bottom plate. I've attached some pictures so you can see the issue, and what I've done to correct it. I took a 1x3 and ripped the back side to create a drip board. I then attached it using sidewinder on the backs and to seal the top joint.

The problem is what I did to correct will only last so long, and in a few places I still get a bit of damp plates/floor. I think this is at the t-111 panel joints. I need to add some caulking up the wall vertically a bit.

I have water intrusion at a roll up door and the floor has rotted out. This summer I will be addressing that and thought I'd possible address the exposed sub floor.

I'm considering z-flashing it but I can't help but think there is another way. I would like to avoid the z-flash if possible. On one side of my shop I don't have much working room, and I'm not even sure if I could get the z-flash in.

My question to you guys is - why not use bondo to seal that up nice and tight? I could float it out to cover the lower edge of the t-111 as well. Seems so simple and I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Thoughts on the bondo angle?

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United States
thats always a poor spot, they make a z channel for that but the top edge needs to be under the T111

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thx. Are there any alternative methods that would work as well as z-flash ?

Ask a Question