gluing a broken stone slab

Reaction score
When repairing a broken piece of stone I need a glue strong enough to hold some weighty pieces together, and a filler to infill gaps where the faces don't meet perfectly (with soft stone like sandstone bits tend to break off.).
I tried using B&Q epoxy slow glue, but found it ran off the vertical faces and didn't fill in gaps of more than a millimetre. I used Ronseal wood filler to infill the gaps but I could n't get anything like a colour match with red sandstone,so I ended up using a 'natural' which turned out to be yellow, and then sticking sandstone dust onto the exposed surface to tone it in.
I looked at using Sikadur33 from B&Q but it's sold in 2kg tins which can't be split easily into,say, eight lots,and is intended to be used all in one go, and cost £20. There is a 250g tube but it's very expensive for that volume.at £14.
Do you know of a suitable stone combined glue/filler,probably epoxy,which has a working time of an hour , and can be coloured to suit,for external use ?
Can Ronseal Woodfiller be used on stone ?

Ask a Question