ESWA ceiling heating

Reaction score
Hi
I have been trying to find details about ESWA ceiling heating for some time and there is frankly not a great deal out there about it.
I have ESWA ceiling heating in my 2 bed flat which was built in 1987. I bought in 1994. There are no moving parts and it has been totally problem free up until a couple of years ago. In essence ESWA ceiling heating is very thin laminate elements underneath the plasterboard/drywall ceiling. It is secured to the joists. I was always aware that the laminate elements would start to pack up after 20 years, in my case it was 30 and a couple are still going. The process is not too bad to change them. It means taking down the ceiling plasterboard (messy yes) and then stapling the new elements to the joists and adding the new plastboard. I got ESWA to secure the elements to the joists and also install new digital thermostats into each room which were programmable. We have only done the living room so far but I do intend to do the bathroom also. I have not been able to find much about ESWA online so I thought I would pen something for others who will no doubt be having problems with their heating now seeing as their lifetime will be coming up for lots of them . It is achievable to get new elements installed and so far so good :) happy to chat if needs be. I hope they are efficient , seems to have been for the past 23 years I have been living here, yes I know heat rises :)

Steve

Ask a Question