Damp external walls renovation

nva

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hello all,

I am a DIY newbie but i have a very small external area in my house to only I have access to and have some ideas to renovate it - the only problem is I am a newbie at this.

This is a very small area, with only about 1.2x2 meters, and can only be accessed by a window. Only the cat goes there now.
The wall seems to have damp and who previously renovated the house only painted the surface of it, so now the wall is blistering because the humidity comes from the inside of the wall and it smells a bit funny sometimes.

I wanted to make it nicer and even had the idea of putting climbing holds on the wall, since I can do whatever I want. This is kind of also meant to be an experimentation kind of thing, because I have very little experience and anything I do there is only going to improve the space really.

Do you guys have an idea of what I could use here ? I was thinking of getting rid of the paint and just cement over. This would still maintain the humidity problem, which I will never get rid of, but it would be straight at least and could paint whatever I wanted over, as well as have climbing holds there for a home gym.

What do you guys think ?

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United States
How to deal with moldy walls is relatively simple, you just need to take used brushes, or small plastic brushes to remove mold moisture. Then, kill the mold by mixing about 0.5 ml of Javen detergent with 1 liter of water (this amount of solution is used for 10m² of walls).
Next, dip the dipstick into the solution and roll it evenly onto the moldy walls. Now that the mold is basically destroyed, you can repaint the paint color to replace the damp mold. How to deal with moldy walls on the easy to do, but it is only temporary. If you want to stay long see the following remedies right below.

Ask a Question