Calcium Silicate Board insulation

Reaction score
1) Is it OK to use tiling adhesive (the normal stuff from builders supply shops) to glue the boards on or must I use the (more expensive) adhesive which the board manufacturers sell?

2) Once the calcium silicate boards are installed, is it OK to skim over them with normal plaster to get a perfect flat wall?

3) Can I only use special permiable paint (sold by the board manufacturers) on the finished walls or can I use standard 'emulsion for walls and ceilings'?

Reaction score
To answer your questions it would help to know the application. Why are you using CS board? Is this going to be an exposed / decorative wall? What is the environment going to Be? Once these questions are known it will be much easier to help you.

ALSO: be sure to wear a respirator when cutting CS board with a saw. There is a danger of silicosis so I would wear the respirator when any dust is present.

Ask a Question