Bathroom Rough-in Drain Questions

Reaction score
I have completely gutted a tiny bathroom to enlarge it. I had a pro plumber install all of the rough plumbing. I later saw that they placed the toilet drain in the wrong spot. The 3" pipe ran about 2.5' in one direction, takes a 90 degree turn, ran another 3' where it connects with the vertical drain running towards the basement. For now, I have cut 4-5" out of the 3' run and am thinking about a rubber connector to join the two. But as I study things further I keep asking myself why didn't they take a more direct route? Isn't it preferable to get the waste to the vertical drain the shortest way? No beams prevent this from happening. So instead of going along the path of the two short sides of this right triangle should I modify it using some 45 degree elbows and run it along the hypotnoose (tried 5-6 spellings. all wrong. don't care)? Guessing it will shorten the trip by 1.5 feet approx. Thanks.

Ask a Question