venting tumble dryer into tunnel of terrace house?

Reaction score
Hi there

My apologies for my first post being one where I am asking for help....but needs must.

I live in a terrace house, and have done for nearly 6 years. When we moved in there was a small tumble dryer under the stairs, vented out into the tunnel between my house and the neighbours house, thier 3rd bedroom sits over the tunnel (floating freehold). We have continued to use the dryer with the vent blowing warm air into the tunnel.

Our neighbours have only just noticed and are not happy.

They say the hole for the vent is not allowed as it is "their wall". From the deeds I can see that the tunnel is their land and we have a right of way over it. The wall which houses the vent is our wall, becoming a party wall from the 1st floor.

My question is are we allowed to vent the dryer into the tunnel?

Could doing so cause any damage to the neighbouring property?

Where could I get an official answer in writing about such a question?

My sincere thanks for any replies.

ray

Reaction score
If you need something official I would suggest you contact your local Environmental Health Officer. Your neighbour may claim the water vapour being a nuisance, but I cant see any difference to the water vapour produced by a condensing boiler, which will have far more stringent rules under the gas (safety in use) regulations.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I'm painting the scenario and asking for assistance wherever I can get it, 'cause I'm at a loss. I have a Whirlpool Stylemaster # 4213632 Rev. B washing machine. It recently started acting up when I set the dials to fill water in the tub. I was in the kitchen and heard something strange. When I ran to the washroom, the water had overflowed out the tub and was going everywhere on the floor! I had to immediately turn off the water. I haven't gotten it fixed yet, but when I do laundry, I have to babysit it by listening to the clicks and turning the water on and off manually. What on earth could the problem be? HELP!!

Ask a Question